It's been a crazy, busy, BUSY week – no time to cook, no time to blog, no time to even pat my cat (sorry Simba!) but in the back of my mind lingered the promise I made to myself that I would make a clashing-coloured blueberry balsamic dressing to try with a green Greek salad this week.
Clash the colours did, but yum the salad tasted!
I was motivated by last week's Meatless Monday A–Z challenge to cook something with blueberries and I took inspiration from both Sweat the Sweet Stuff's and Oatmeal After Spinning's recipes for blueberry balsamic salad dressing.
Mondays are Tony's meatless days, and they are also the one night a week I get to cook and eat a meal with my otherwise meat-eating partner. After participating in Meat Free Week last month, Tony made the commitment to go meat free for at least one day a week, which not only helps towards reducing the need for animal factory farming, but also means we get to spend more time in the kitchen together.
Tony cooked an amazing balsamic tofu stir-fry for dinner tonight, and this gorgeous Green Greek Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing accompanied the stir-fry nicely.
Green Greek Salad with Blueberry Balsamic Dressing
IngredientsFor the salad
- 2 handfuls of mixed lettuce leaves
- 1 small Lebanese cucumber, peeled and sliced
- 1/2 green capsicum, thinly sliced
- 15 green beans, trimmed and cut to 3cm lengths
- 10 green pitted olives, sliced
- 1 tablespoon slivered almonds, lightly toasted
- 60g feta cheese, cubed
- 1/2 cup blueberries
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1/2 clove garlic, crushed
- Combine all salad ingredients in a bowl and toss well.
- Blend ingredients for the dressing with a stick blender and pour over salad.
For more amazing and easy vegetarian recipes using blueberries, click on the logo below to visit Heather's Better With Veggies Meatless Mondays from A–Z page.
Next week is C for Cabbage. Can anyone think of something Greek that I can cook other than stuffed cabbage leaves?
Time now to give Simba his long-awaited cuddle...